Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 5 - June 11, 2014 Part 1 - A Morning at Sea.

Thanks to the time change the night before I was awake bright and early again.  I tried to go out on the balcony but the sunrise was almost blinding at first.

 We were up early at Beach Blanket Buffet when it opened at 7am again.  Alice's standard breakfast for the week was a ham and cheese omelet, grapes and a banana (until they ran out of bananas) with a glass of orange juice and a milk.  Megan's breakfast varied slightly but normally included at least some of the following, banana, hash, milk, sausage, cereal, bacon, donut and hot chocolate.  

We had time before things got kicked off this morning so we went down to take some pictures.

















I love port hole pictures

Then we stopped on deck 4 where the girls took some time to highlight what they wanted to do on the navigators during the day.








First up a quick meet and greet with Rapunzel.  




After meeting Rapunzel, I took the girls up to the Club for Toy Story Boot Camp.  Megan was very excited for Boot Camp.  It was one activity she did on the Fantasy that she was really looking forward to repeating.

While the kids were in the club, mom, dad and I went to the Walt Disney Theater for the Naturalist discussion on the Icefields and Glaciers in Southeast Alaska.  I learned a lot about the geography, the glaciers, how they move etc.  It was a good and informative presentation.  

After the presentation my parents James and I went up to deck 10 where we looked for and saw a few whales.  It's hard to capture a whale from the ship, but I did get the splash and a few blow spouts.  We saw a couple of tails but I wasn't prepared enough to capture those pictures.  

Sometime between 11 and 11:15 I went up to the lab and picked up the girls because Megan wanted to do 3D crafts and Animation Donald.  I left Alice with James and they went to the room for a bit to watch a movie and Megan and I created 3D Mickey and Minnie's and then went off to learn to draw Donald.  Here is my Donald.  I had the #1 Duck himself sign it for me later that evening.

After Animation with Donald was over, I had to go on a mad search for my wave phone.  I accidently left it at 3D crafts and had a brief panic moment when I couldn't find it.  Fortunately it was right where I'd left it in the Promenade Lounge.  With one wave phone found, Megan and I went up to the room to drop off our Donald drawings and meet James and Megan.  We headed up to deck 9 to get some lunch as we started approaching Tracy Arm.

Next up - Tracy Arm Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment