Breakfast is at 8:00 am. Since today is the first day we haven't had to get up early for excursions, I let the girls sleep in a little bit. They were still up on their own by 7:00 am. I guess they figured everyone would sleep in this morning because Goofy's Galley didn't open until 7:00 am and Beach Blanket Buffet didn't open until 7:30 am.
My camera battery had discharged itself again overnight so I tried recharging it this morning in hopes I'd be able to use it in Ketchikan. So I brought the underwater camera to Breakfast.
While we waited for Parrot Cay to Open the girls posed for me in their dresses in front of the Piano in the Promenade Lounge.
Some of the food this morning was inedible. The hashbrown potatoes were all grease and no potato like they'd been left in the frier too long or something. Alice at her omelet and mine, so I ended up eating at Beach Blanket after the Character Breakfast.
Character Breakfasts are always crazy, loud and frantic but still a lot of fun. The pictures are a little mixed up, but here are some of the highlights of the breakfast including our napkin hats.
I always love how Pluto has to sign.
Alice kept taking off her napkin hat and giving it to me, so she kept getting a new one. :)
After breakfast we headed to the Club for Open House and free play time.
Eventually we went up to the room to watch a movie and rest before leaving for Ketchikan. Alice immediately fell asleep on the couch. Watching her sleep I made what may have been my smartest decision of the week - I went down to guest services to see if they had any strollers available. I checked out a stroller and came up to get everyone ready to go into town.
We had tickets for the Lumberjack show at noon. We met my parents in line who had gotten of the ship a little bit before us (while I was still getting the stroller and trying to get the girls ready).
I had low expectations going into the Lumberjack show. Megan requested it so I booked it. It was hilarious. We had so much fun. Here are some highlight photos of the show.
It started raining after we sat down but we were covered so we didn't get wet and it stopped raining by the time the show was over.
I'm really glad we went. It was fun, entertaining and I laughed so hard throughout the show.
After the show we went across the street to use the restroom and this guy was hanging from the ceiling.
After a quick bathroom break, we went over to the Southeast Alaska Discovery Museum which was basically right across the street. It rained on us a little but we made it to the museum without getting too wet.
I loved this museum. Its small and doesn't take long to go through, but it also doesn't cost much to go through. The girls were free and I'm pretty sure the adults were $5 each.
After finishing up at the Southeast Alaska Discovery Museum we went to go find some lunch and took a few pictures on our way there.
We had lunch at the Pioneer Cafe on Mission Street. It was pretty good. Megan tried the Reindeer hot dog and was not as impressed with it as the Reindeer Sausage in Juneau.
After lunch we went to the Tongass Historical Museum. Again it was a small museum and the kids were free. I think the adult admission here was $3.00
Lots of fun.
After we left the plan was to go to the Totem Heritage Center. James, the girls and I were going to walk. Mom and Dad were going to take the free bus.
It was a lovely and easy walk. We went up Creek Street, saw the Salmon Ladder (even if the Salmon weren't running it was a sight) and found our way to the museum. After mom and dad got on the bus they realized they wouldn't make it up there with much time before it closed (at 5:00pm) and decided to go shopping instead. It too was $5.00/adult and the kids were free.
The girls posed with the world's largest gold nugget outside the museum
The totems were salvaged totems that were rotting back to the earth. It was amazing to see these old/impressive original totems.
I learned that to make the canoe, they would hallow out the log and then fill it with hot stones to stretch the wood. I never knew that before, so very cool.
We stopped briefly on the way back to the ship at the IGA to pick up some snacks for the car ride/plane ride home. Alice fell asleep in the stroller almost the second we left the Totem Heritage Center.
We had time to do a little shopping before getting back on the ship in time for dinner. I bought a couple Christmas Ornaments, a small totem pole and the girls a couple totem magnets.
My Alaska Totems including James' Father's Day present the Mickey Totem
We made it on the ship and had just enough time to run up to the room, drop our stuff and James and I changed. Alice was still sound asleep in the stroller and would remain that way through dinner.
I took Megan up to the Lab and then Alice woke up after we left the dining room. I took her upstairs to grab some dinner from deck 9 and then she wanted to go to the club.
In the lab, Megan did Around the World in 7 Days and won a DCL backpack for her participation and model of the White House. Alice went to Brother Bear and met Koda. Then Megan did Monstropolis Most Wanted in the Lab (where they had to figure out which Monster stole Boo's Door and then find the different pieces of Boo's door) and Alice was hanging out in the club. I think she participated in the scavenger hunt.
While they did that I took the opportunity to return the stroller to guest services and take a few pictures around the ship and watch us leave Ketchikan. Tonight was the Comedy/Variety Act and I just really wasn't up for it. I would have loved to watch Maleficent but it was showing in 3D again.
A Ketchkian transmission lien and substation
James decided to try out the hot tub tonight.
When Monstropolis Most wanted was over I went to check on Megan. She was ready to go up to the room. I wasn't sure if Alice would be ready to go since she'd slept so long, but she too was ready to go upstairs.
It was another wonderful day in Alaska. tomorrow is our last sea day. It will be sad to head back into Canada tomorrow.
Next up - A Sea Day full of Dreams

No comments:
Post a Comment