We were further away from land than we had been since last Tuesday morning. It was weird not to be so close to land all the time. I finished up my run around 8:15 and ran into my dad on deck 4 before heading upstairs. The girls were awake and ready for breakfast and Beach Blanket started at 7:30am so I decided to go grab breakfast before getting my shower and changing clothes (I'm sorry to all - I wasn't as sweaty as I would be in Houston so that was a plus).
We ate breakfast and planned our day. The girls wanted to go down to Mouseketeer Training in the Club at 9:00am (which was also open house) so I ran them down stairs. We got there a couple minutes after 9:00 am and we were the only ones there (I guess between the time change, the princess gathering on deck 3 and the early time we were the only ones interested?). They asked if we were there for Mouseketeer Training and we said yes so they started off the program (they hadn't started with no kids). It was fun having our own private training and Mr. Mickey Mouse himself arrived for a private inspection and parade. Right as Mickye got there a little boy around 3 showed up and joined in. It was so much fun to basically have Mickey all to ourselves.
After Mickey left, the girls wanted to stay and play. I thought James was coming down to join us so I could go get my shower (I was starting to get cold now) . We played hide and seek, they got their faces painted, we played with mats and toys and watch TV and I finally convinced them to head up to the room for a few minutes so I could shower.
At 11 I brought the girls back down stairs to the Club/Lab. Lava Flow was going to start at 11:15 and Megan had been dying to do this all week long. It was the 3rd time it was offered and she'd missed the first 2 (the first was at 9:45 on day one and she couldn't keep her eyes open, the 2nd was in the morning before we got to Ketchikan but it wouldn't be over before we would have to leave to get to the Lumberjack show but thanks to the DCL App, I knew it was going to be offered again on the last sea day so she was okay with missing it as long as she got to do it today). I took Alice to the Club for the Aloha Luau and Megan over to the Lab for Lava Flow. When I dropped Alice off they Luau was just starting. I asked if Goofy took over the controls and we ended up in Hawaii by mistake. They said that must be what happened. :)
Megan loved Lava Flow. I think it was probably one of her favorite activities of the week. She still talks about it.
While they were there I went back to the room to start to pack some :(
I picked up Alice and while we waited for Lava Flow to end, we watch the Diaper Dash from the 5th floor. It was too funny. When Lava Flow was over, I checked Megan out of the Lab and we went down to join the rest of the family at Triton's for lunch when it opened at noon. I don't remember much from lunch but for desert I originally ordered Strawberry Shortcake but it was dry so I switched to my favorite Mickey Bar. They had been adding Marshmallows to the Mickey Bar Bowls. Megan asked for some Marshmallows after stealing everyone elses (she hadn't really ordered dessert all week) and she got a huge bowl of them. She was in heaven.
When lunch ended we got in line to meet Daisy Duck. Alice had met her earlier in the week, but Megan hadn't.
Megan wanted to do towel folding at 2:15, but I knew Alice would not have the attention span for it, so I checked her into the club for Aladdin's Fun Adventures while Megan and I made our wait to Studio Sea for Towel folding. Dad joined us there.
This was our wonderful room attendant and also the towel folding instructor.
Grandpa heling Megan with her puppy
Completed Monkey's for Grandpa and Megan.
After Towel folding we picked up Alice at the Club and went down to the Promenade Lounge for more 3D Crafts.
I could have gone to see Maleficent now, but the girls originally wanted to do 3D Crafts, the Dance Party and Friendship Rocks. So I gave up on Maleficent. Maybe I'll get to see it in the theater eventually.
After our 3D crafts, we went up to deck 9 to get something to drink. At this point the girls realized it was getting warmer and they really, really wanted to go swimming. I told them it would be up to their father and if the said he would go with them they could go after the dance party.
At the last minute Megan didn't want to go to the Dance Party and almost convinced Alice not to go, but I knew Alice would love it once she got there.
It was a great dance party. There weren't as many people as there normally are (probably because everyone else wanted to be up on deck 9 in the pool too). Alice had a blast until she had to go potty and then she melted down suddenly. So I got her to the potty and then she wanted to go to the room.
When we got to the room both girls decided that the pool was where they wanted to be and not Friendship Rocks. I sent them with James. I wasn't really happy about them going swimming as it still wasn't really warm enough to swim in my opinion but I got overruled. I worked on packing and then went up to get a couple photos.
All too soon in the girls opinion, it was time to get ready for dinner.
Our Final Dinner was in Animator's Again. I will not miss our dining team. I felt like we were completely ignored most of the evening this night. Service was back to super slow. I practically had to hunt them down to give them their tip envelopes at the end.
I hadn't gotten anything to eat by the time I finally took the kids up to change for Pluto's PJ Party.
My rockstar and her daddy on their way to dinner
Don't all rockstars wear their shades upside down
My girls after dinner
And checking in for the last time to the Oceaneer's Club for Pluto's PJ party.
I finally got my dinner and we watched the Parade of Nations in the dining room and got out of there. I accidently left my camera at the table when we left.
I went up to the room to try to finish packing before Dreams. I told the girls they could stay in the club tonight and didn't have to go to the show. James and mom also decided to bail on the show. Dad and I wanted to see it. Before we got ready to head down to the show they announced that we would be going through the Seymour Narrows shortly and that they would blow the horn at that time.
I went to leave the room and couldn't find my camera. James sent me on to the show and he went down to the dining room to see if he could find it. I grabbed my other camera on the way and got this picture of the transmission line crossing the Seymour Narrows. (Yes I do have a problem with taking transmission line pictures everywhere I go)
Before the show started James called to tell me that my phone had been turned into lost and found and would be a guest services. So I planned on going down there after the show.
I loved Dreams. It was my 3rd time seeing it (2x's on the Magic) and this combination of Peter Pan and Ann Marie were my favorite. Peter especially was incredible. (I've had a soft spot for Peter Pan since our first cruise. He has always (all of them) taken special interest in my youngest daughter. She seems to have a crush on Peter Pan. :)
After the show dad and I went down to Guest Services to check on my camera. Apparently they don't get the lost and found from dinner until 10:30 or 11 and they didn't have it yet. I filled out a claim form and they said they would call that evening when it showed up. I wasn't too worried and fortunately knew I had downloaded all but about 1 hours worth of pictures before I misplaced the camera.
I went back upstairs to make sure we were ready to put the luggage out. We had Tinker Belle Luggage Tags this time. I filled out the labels and we got the luggage out just before 10.
I then went down to check the kids out and turn in their Mickey Bands :(
And then we went to the Til We Meet Again Party
Alice with Anne Marie and Peter Pan
Hugs for Goofy
And a last hug with Minnie Mouse
And this is how Alice felt about the cruise being "over"
It was time to go up and get the girls to bed. I had to run down to the store to pick up an emergency toiletry item and then picked up my camera which was turned in. I also close out my account and paid off my bill. I looked through the pictures at Shutters. I knew I wanted a family picture before we got off, but I wanted mom to look at it so I vowed to check in the morning.
And then it was off for one final sleep on the Wonder for this trip.
Next up Disembarkation and Travel Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment